Thursday, March 08, 2012

Le Stats

I like Blogger's built-in stat tracking. From it, I'm able to see, among other things, that 90% of the traffic to this blog via keyword search is from people looking up Starsky and Hutch. While I think everyone can agree that Starsky and Hutch was a seminal TV series, the traffic to this site from people searching for, say, The Dukes of Hazzard or Simon & Simon is zero. So, I think it's safe to say that you people love you some Starsky and Hutch and that's about it. Message received. I'm now dedicating this site to all Starksy and Hutch, all the time.

On second thought, according to the chart below, 97 people searched for it in French, so I'm willing to entertain a combination of Starsky and Hutch and Jerry Lewis at about a 80-20 split to pander to my readership (I was going to say fans, but who am I kidding, based on the preponderance of evidence, you are most likely a) here by mistake and b) angry at not having more Starsky and Hutch content to peruse).

As a side note, why do you never hear the word preponderance when not attached to 'of evidence'. If preponderance means "a superiority or excess in weight or number", shouldn't that fit in other non-courtroom situations? I digress...except I don't really, because digress means to leave the main subject temporarily and I've left the main subject permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment